Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You Can Be My Soldier, I'll Be Yours

My best Friend has a few weeks left of basic training, at Fort Knox Kentucky. After his family weekend he snuck his phone back in by hiding it his boot. So I talk to him everyday. Some days I'll get a picture of him in uniform. I cried when I got the first one. I'm a singer and right now I'm doing a show and for a few sence I'm a soldier. This week is dress rehearsals, so all decked out in my Mothers old camo ( she enlisted straight out of high school, she didn't have money for college or anything, at that time service was the only opportunity), I posed and had a picture taken. I sent him the picture with the caption:
You Can Be My Soldier, I'll Be Yours. He responded with. I Will Always Be Your Soldier.
He comes home soon, I can't wait to see my Soldier. But I can wait to say good bye. After two weeks he will leave me again for Fort Hood Texas. Then after in a few months in either August or November... He is to be deployed to Iraq, I'm so scared for that day. But I wont let it show, because I'm his soldier, and he is mine, and I know he will do his job and be brave, so I must do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment